We LOVE Throw Together Thursdays and this yummy recipe for Glazed Ginger Chicken is one we promise you will love too. A complete Lean and Green meal made in just one pan! Perfect for those on any low carb program, including Optavia, Weight Watchers, Keto and more, this recipe takes boring old chicken thighs and makes them WOW with flavor in just minutes.
1 teaspoon Stacey Hawkins Valencia Orange Oil
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken (breasts or thighs)
1 Tablespoon (1 capful) Stacey Hawkins Toasted Sesame Ginger Seasoning
1/4 Cup low sodium soy sauce
1/4 Cup water (or orange juice if carbs are not a concern)
4 cups fresh green beans, ends snipped
1. Sprinkle the Toasted Sesame Ginger over the chicken
2. Pour oil in a frying pan over medium high heat. I love to use cast iron for this as it makes such a great crust on the chicken.
3. Place the chicken in the frying pan, sesame seed side DOWN & let it cook for 5-7 minutes, until the sides are opaque as in the photo below.
4. Turn the chicken over and cook for 5-7 additional minutes, until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
5. Set the chicken aside and pour the water and soy sauce into the pan, scraping the fond off the bottom. This will make a really yummy sauce for the chicken.
6. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium, add the beans and cook for 5-7 minutes, until fork tender. Stir them occasionally while cooking.
7. When tender, add to plate with the chicken, pour the sauce over the chicken and beans and serve!
Optavia Recipe / Lean and Green Recipe / 5 & 1 Food Counts for the Optavia & Medifast Program
5 ounces of chicken thighs or 6 ounces of chicken breast is 1 Lean portion. 1/2 C green beans is 1 green portion
Like this recipe?
Why not make more easy meals ALL the time?
You don’t have to suffer any longer with dinners that take too long, have WAY too many ingredients and that turn out BORING.
Why not eat delicious foods that are easy to make and just might help you lose weight in the process? I know, it is a stupid question, lol. That’s why I’m here- to help you make good food, fast and easy. Without Stacey Hawkins, food is boring. Want more? Check out all the Meal Making Systems here and then get cooking. All the reviews can’t be wrong. Your tastebuds (and your jeans) are waiting!
One- Step Lean and Green Meal Making Systems Now Available at a Discount!
Click Image above to find out more.
Follow me on:
Nutritional Data Information:
This website is written and produced for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional data on this site has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration. Nutritional information is offered as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guarantee. The data is calculated through an online nutritional calculator, Very Well Fit. Although I do my best to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates only. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. Furthermore, different online calculators provide different results depending on their own nutrition fact sources and algorithms. To obtain the most accurate nutritional information in a given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.
The post Pan Seared Glazed Ginger Chicken a Lean and Green Recipe appeared first on Stacey Hawkins.