Thick, hearty portobello mushrooms take on a whole new life when stuffed in this Lean and Green Recipe. The delicious combination of ground beef and spices create a robust filling perfect for a single serving or a family meal. You can also make a batch of these ahead of time, freeze and cook on demand. Yummy, satisfying and easily on program!
1 1/4 lb lean ground beef, chicken or turkey (85-90% lean)
1 large egg
8 T Cheese- blue, feta or parmesan (optional)
4 large portobello mushrooms, trimmed, stems removed
nonstick cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Wash, trim and remove the stems from the mushrooms.
- Take the stems and dice them fine.
- Add stems to a large bowl along with the beef, egg, 4T panko and Garlic & Spring Onion Seasoning.
- Using your hands, mix the ingredients together until well combined.
- Divide the meat mixture into 4 equal parts.
- Loosely pack the meat into the mushroom caps.
- Sprinkle evenly with the remaining panko and cheese. *
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until throughly cooked.
- Serve hot!
Makes 4 servings
* You may stop after this step and freeze the mushrooms for later baking.
Medifast recipe servings / Take Shape for Life recipe servings / Optavia recipe servings / Lean and Green Recipe servings: 1/4 of this recipe (with cheese) is 1 lean (beef) and 2 1/2 condiments (Cheese (1), panko (1) Seasoning (.5))
Check out Stacey’s Lean & Green Meal Making Systems- Make AMAZING Lean and Green meals, with little to no effort!
Get FREE weekly motivation, recipes, tips and more!
The post Juicy Stuffed Portobellos – A Lean and Green Recipe appeared first on Stacey Hawkins.