Juicy fresh shrimp with a pop of garlic, lemon and just a hint of buttery goodness make this recipe (also an Optavia recipe *) one you’ll come back to again and again. Perfect for a last minute meal or for that night you forget to plan something. Lean and Green and delicious for the whole family.
1 3/4 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 C chicken stock
2 T butter
Juice of one lemon (or more to taste)
Fresh chopped parsley leaves (optional)
nonstick cooking spray
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium high heat. Add shrimp and Dash of Desperation. Cook, stirring occasionally until pink, about 2-3 minutes. Pour shrimp into a dish & set aside.
- Add the Garlic & Spring Onion to the skillet and cook, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the chicken stock, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until liquid is reduced by half (about a minute or so.) Stir in butter until melted
- Stir in shrimp and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, garnished with the parsley if you desire.
Makes 4 meals
* You may substitute an equal amount of Stacey Hawkins Luscious Lemon Oil or Stacey Hawkins Roasted Garlic Oil in the place of butter if you are concerned about saturated fats. The Lean & Green counts as well as the calorie counts will be exactly the same.)
1/4 of this recipe is 1 Lean option, 1 healthy fat option and 1 condiment